Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New owner of a 2014 sportsman 400 here. Just picked it up this past friday. Took it out on the trails for a total of 6 hours during the weekend on normal trails, nothing too harsh, no sharp rocks , etc...

Was checking tire pressure Sunday morning before heading out when I noticed one of my tires was flat... Pumped it back up, took it for a minute ride around the property and let it sit for a couple of hours to see whether it will deflate again.

It is deflating again... there are no holes or punctures that i can see on the wheel. I even tried water/soap on the wheel to see if any bubbles form ( tried the valve as well ) and still didn't see anything.

I called the dealer ( closed on sunday ) and left a voicemail to take care of this tomorrow however my question is do you guys think this should be covered by warranty ? ( I bought mine with an extended 6 months warranty so a total of a full year ) . I know the warranty is more mechanical and electrical but still... factory tires can't suck this bad ?!

6 hours of driving, not like a maniac, and a flat...

Anyone have similar issues and if so would you mind sharing your experience?

P.S: I am aware of all the products out there to fix flats however I don't feel I should have to fix it myself after two days of purchase... Especially since the dealership had quite the horrible customer service...

·
Registered
167 Posts
stock tires are pretty flimsy. I had a nice gash at about 8 hour in on the maxxis tires. Just patched it up and it held. If you cant find the hole, you may for to take the wheel off and submerge it in water to see the bubbles

·
Registered
260 Posts
might be leaking at the bead

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sometimes tires have defects. I had a leaky bead once as well. Had it removed and remounted solved the issue.

My buddies aftermarket tires still leak after two years. He just keeps them aired up and just rides. They last all day without getting too low.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Part of my Pre Season PM was to air down all the tires and put the correct amount of "Slime" in them and pump them back up. HOPEFULLY, this will solve trailside heartache.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had the same problem recently after a ride. As it sat in the garage one of my tires gradually lost pressure. Took the tire to Les Schwab and the dunked it and couldn't find a leak. The broke the bead lose and cleaned it up and put sealer on it and it solved the issue. And as. An added bonus they didn't charge me.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Could be leaking at the bead on the inside of the wheel. If it is a bead leak, dealer should be able to dismount, clean, scuff, and apply bead sealer at no charge to you IMO.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the dealer is going to check out the tire tomorrow and cover whatever charge there is... Buddy said 6 hours sounds strange but reassured me that they would cover the cost, so all good...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts