Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum but I have a question for anyone that reads. So I need some advice. 2 weeks ago I bought a 2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO I was told everything about it, Including how it was full injected even though there is a choke? He said it was a quick start. Come to find out after doing a lot of research the four wheeler is actually carbureted and not fuel injected which is like a 800-1000$ option. I feel like they misled what they sold me and took advantage of me, How do I know they are going to tell the truth when I need to get the 4wheeler serviced. Do i go there trying to get something out of it return the bike and get what i was told?

Sorry if i posted in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You are in a bad spot as it will be you against them. I would go back and tell them this is not what I wanted and see if they will work with you. The sooner the better as they might not have completed all the paper work yet. If you do not trust this dealer I would look around as there are lots of good dealers out there. The machine you do have is rock solid and does start very easy. Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I dont disagree about it being a good 4wheeler. I also have no problem with it being carabarated, I just wanted to know if you all thought it should be something to bring up to them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ya, return it, Tell them you wanted EFI and if they can't help you, threaten to get your money back, You put out a lot of money just to be mislead? Maybe even report them to the better business bureau, Maybe they'll change there tone.... Hope everthing works out.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
369 Posts
In a way it is not suprising that a saleman told you false info about a wheeler, it happens all the time.

I sometimes like to ask them questions, that I know the answers to, just to see if I am dealing with one that has some sort of clue, or one thats just pushing for the sale, and guessing at the answers.

Did they charge you a 500 HO price or a 500 EFI price? Or do you feel like the guy made an honest mistake and just got mixed up on his product knowledge?

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeh i agree with cc1999 i would definatly check and see what they charged you for if they charged you for the efi then there your proof take it right back. but if they charged you for the carb. theres probably not a whole lot you can do about it because its your word against theres unfornately hope ya get everything fixed though good luck

·
Registered
441 Posts
good luck , let us know how it turns out ........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts