Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for exhaust for my 700 and the only complete system i can find(besides stock) is like 450 bucks and thats the big gun exhaust .

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ya I cant believe how expensive exhausts are. Even for the 500 there pricey.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
You wont find anything really that cheap. Being "Recreational" they can bend us over and charge what they want.

I had a custom engine back exhaust done on my '80 Volvo 240GT with a 347ci S/C Stroker and that cost me $800. An hmf for my bike...$500 go figure.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^^ Its funny how a slip on costs 350 and its just a universal pipe half the time.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Have you looked into the exhaust mods much? I did my own version and it sounds very good. Deep without that empty can obnoxious sound. That being said its on a 570. I haven't done it to our Ranger XP 700 yet. But its on the list.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been looking on you tube at some of the different mods but kind of worried i may hurt the engine by reducing back pressure or making it run lean/rich.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It would be the same as any other aftermarket pipe. I made my stock exit larger and removed the baffle attached to it. Sounds much better but still reasonable loudness wise.
My goal was to change the sound vs just make it loud.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It would be the same as any other aftermarket pipe. I made my stock exit larger and removed the baffle attached to it. Sounds much better but still reasonable loudness wise.
My goal was to change the sound vs just make it loud.
Does the mod remove the spark arrestor?

·
Registered
75 Posts
HOT SEAT PERFORMANCE has a real nice slip-on exhaust i have it on my 2009 sportsman 500 ho and sounds amazing i re jetted the carb like the instructions told me to . Also it is totaly re packable i paid 265.00 for the slip on the also sell a full systems i forgot the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts