Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. new here and to my 2013 500 ho, dark green. would like to put some sort of camo graphic on it but i don't see any listed for 2013 models. anyone know if 2012 or previous years body style will work? also are there any do's-dont's for applying them? Thanks for any input....Ray.....

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
hydro dipping the front and rear fenders is very expensive..I looked into it....plus then you have the other body parts...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
True, but it's also more durable and you've got better graphic's options. Kinda one of those things, do it once, or do it every couple of years and end up paying more. it's on you.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
To answer your question.... the 2011-2013's (2012's fr sure) should have the same body plastics!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
holy crap !!! it's been nine weeks and i get four responses today. Thanks to all for the input. It's sitting in the garage, still wearing it's playdough soft green plastic. Thinking about the mossy oak graphic kit but still not sure what to do with it. Thanks again.....Ray......

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hydro Dip it dude. By the time you buy the vinyl you are already 2/3's the way there in price. Plus if you buy new fenders from polaris you are just buying fluid dipped stock fenders.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Keep us posted if you get it. I've got a red 12 and was looking at this as well.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i am wondering how long the vinyl grafics will last...they look nice in Pic....and they are 20 mil thick..and use 3M adhesive...would just suc if they started to lift..but then again I have a 02 sport that still has the warning labels an other decals on it..an wear like iron...I would love to get the kit an go camo...I hunt alot and the camo would be nice..its Sage green now..so its low visibilty in woods..but camo would be better....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm close to pulling the trigger on these. in the process of convincing wifey that it's something i just GOTTA have. I'll be sure to let you know IF i get them....Ray.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm close to pulling the trigger on these. in the process of convincing wifey that it's something i just GOTTA have. I'll be sure to let you know IF i get them....Ray.
DO IT! Only downfall I had with my last atv being camo was it being truly camo'd in the woods. I lost it a couple times :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
DO IT! Only downfall I had with my last atv being camo was it being truly camo'd in the woods. I lost it a couple times :)
:biglaugh::rofl: lost it lol

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Funny you say you lost it.....years ago I took my suzuki 4x4 hunting..I had a camo cover I used to cover it when I went to tree stand..well after I got down it was getting sorta dark..well I lost it...took me 30 minutes to find it...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
To answer your question.... the 2011-2013's (2012's fr sure) should have the same body plastics!!
2011 has a substantially different front plastic design as 12+. Has to do with a built in front storage on 12+ and a removable front storage on 11 only.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts