Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering replacing my axles with aftermarket axles ,I'm looking for advice on what axles I should buy and is it ok to do front only first and then do the rear later ,,, also I am wanting to know what benefits would it be to also change to aftermarket shocks front and back as well. What are some good shocks I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

P500

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The type of aftermarket axles depends on your riding style and how your atv is setup. If you have no lift, and ride mostly trails, the rhino axle from superatv is a good axle for the money. Others that are good, but not as strong as gorilla, is the highlifter DHT or Cobra axles. If you have a lift, aggressive tires, or do a lot of mud, I don't recommend anything less than gorilla, turner, or highlifter pro series. Yes, you can change out just the fronts without the rears. You can even change out just one axle if you like. As far as shocks go, the stock ones have always been good enough for my riding style.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guy's ,I'm riding a 2002 Sportsman 500 ,it has a 2" lift and has 28" Mega Mehams tires ,I do mostly trail with some nasty mudding ,but not alot ,mostly trail riding .I want to swap out the shocks ,but I have heard I shouldnt waste my money on the shocks and just swap out the springs ,does this sound right to you?,but axles are going to be changed simply because of the tires size and agressiveness . Your views are important and I'm new too ATVs and working on them .

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Since you have a lift and mud tires, I am assuming you are wanting to get the sag out. This is achieved by upgrading the springs to HD springs.

·
Registered
434 Posts
x2 on the springs. highlifter and epi make good hd springs the difference is night and day compared to stock. i went with highlifter just because a friend was making an order from them and love em. heard alot of good things about epi's springs to basically depends on witch color you like highlifters are yellow epi's are red or black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts