Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a large aggressive style tire with factory axles ? How are they holding up? Tryimg to decide on a good tire to get me through some mudholes and probably swith back to stock wheel amd tire set up for trail riding

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had the best luck with staying with a 26 or 27 inch tire. The tread don't matter to much to be but, Mudlite, swamp foxes, Bear claws are all good for trail riding. The best bang for your buck in a big tire would be 3Oinch Outlaw. I know a couple guys been running their bikes, Ones a 750 Brute force and had them 1 year no issues, and the other guy has them on his 700 Grizzy and has put 2 axels in, in the last 6 months.

Hope this gives you a bit of info to go by.
Happy riding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
27 mega mayhems light weight look good. I'm about to upgrade to 30s will get and a arm lift and axels soon but I'm gonna see how the factories hold up first

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have been looking into the 30 zillas ... good price and lightweight .... would love to go with 30 silverbacks or 29.5 outlaw 2s but I dont think the stock axles will last with these... I will def evemtually be upgrading axles maybe a few months seeing as they are not cheap for a food set

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Does anyone know the true height of 30" zillas? I was looking at them also, but i am not sure if they run true to size.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sire of the true size was also wondering if running an upgraded clutch with stock tires can hurt anything? Id like to be able to ride trails but be able to change out to some big mud tires to play any info helpful

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
clutch kit wont hurt you any on stock tires. and will only help with larger tires. if you're running larger tires, and have the clutch kit that will help with the axles. but if you're going to go deep and hard, eventually something is going to give.

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Anyone running a large aggressive style tire with factory axles ? How are they holding up? Tryimg to decide on a good tire to get me through some mudholes and probably swith back to stock wheel amd tire set up for trail riding
Switching out wheels seems like a bit much to me. I would suggest running a tire that is capable in the mud n trail. It might be best if u went with 27" or 28" zillas. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
28" Mega Mayhems on stock axles.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont think switching the wheels would be an issue just a couple minutes before or after a ride also find it easier to hit the grease fittings with the wheels off

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does anyone know the true height of 30" zillas? I was looking at them also, but i am not sure if they run true to size.

A buddy of mine has them on his 1k outty. He runs 5 psi his measure right at 29 maybe a hair over

·
Registered
125 Posts
I broke my right front axel on my first ride with my 28 sliverback xlites. I wasnt giving it he'll or anything but be prepared when it happens because more than likely it going to break

1 - 12 of 12 Posts