Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was changing oil, trans fluid and front gearcase fluid on my daughter's rzr 570 tonight. As I went to put everything away, I poured the leftover AGL from one bottle into ~half a quart of another open bottle of AGL. Then I looked again and realized I had actually poured the AGL into an open bottle of Demand Drive Fluid.

It's going to be a while until I have to use any of these fluids again, but would I do any harm using that drive fluid again? It was probably about 4 ounces of AGL into about 20 ounces or so of demand drive fluid.

I know very little about the differences between these fluids, and at the end of the day it's only like $20 to replace the drive fluid. Just thought I'd see if I could get a consensus here before putting it back in the cabinet or into the trash.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Don't put AGL in your front demand drive. Even the mix as small as it is. It probably would not do permanent damage but it may make it perform poorly and require extra work to get it cleaned out. There has been lots of input about using other fluids in the front drive. Some work better than others. Just throw it out, or save it for your hydraulic bottle jack!

D

·
Premium Member
04 Sportsman 700, 04 Scrambler 500, 04 trail touring 550 sled
1,548 Posts
What he said!! There will be plenty of lubrication and it won’t hurt anything, but your awd will likely be out of wack. You can probably keep it and use it in the transmission and rear gearcase if you want. Both agl and demand drive have the same lubricating properties, but different viscosities.

·
Registered
117 Posts
AMSOIL has done extensive competitive testing on Polaris AGL and Polaris Demand Drive Fluid and they tested very similar. The findings indicate the Polaris AGL, even though it's used in the gear-case; is not a traditional gear lube. It's a version of transmission/hydraulic oil. For these reasons, AMSOIL recommends their Synthetic ATV/UTV Powertrain Fluid in place of both the Polaris AGL and the Demand Drive Fluid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts