Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 polaris trailboss 330 fan motor will not shut off unless battery disconnected. After motor started red overheat light immediately comes on. Need help please

·
Registered
23 Posts
sounds like the fan is just doing what it is told. If the hot light comes on immediately even when the engine is cold, then it sounds like the engine temp sensor has failed, or the "same" wiring is chaffed or shorted. If you unplug the temp sensor on the harness, see if the fan goes off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, tried unplugging temp sensor, fan still on. Not sure whats going on unless I'm unplugging wrong wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
probably should have mentioned after shutting down the motor (power switch and key out) fan continues to run indefinetly until i disconnect the battery cable

·
Registered
23 Posts
Typically, there is fuse and then a fan "relay" in series that can power and feedback the fan sensor and can power the fan itself and should only be powered or activated with "key on" in ignition run. If that relay circuit or the associated harness point is shorted, then it could send power out all the time and I presume also indicates a hot temp light on the computer (fan on - indicator on). The relay can be changed like a large fuse. disconnect batt - Pull the relay - connect batt, fan should remain off. If the fan stays on there is a short in the harness somewhere else. Next disconnect the batt again - replace old relay with a new relay and see if this corrects the problem.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The hot light and fan switch are both built into the controller module under the front hood. This is very likely the problem. If I was working on it, I would order this part before I even took a look at it, it's a typical problem. OEM number 4011831, I can get you one for $179.07, let me know. ~Phil

·
Registered
1 Posts
4011831 controller-module

Phil
I need a controller-module for my 2008 Polaris Trail Blazer 330. Can you still get them and if so what would the cost be? Thank You

1 - 8 of 8 Posts