Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a direct replacement of the paper air filter that came with my 2018 570 X2.

Polaris shows the OEM p/n to be 7082101

The cross-reference tool on the Wix website says the cross is WA10814. Wix product sheet for WA10814
The form factor looks correct but it has a foam sleeve.

I'd prefer to use the screen pre-filter that the machine came with and am considering buying the above and just replace the foam with the screen pre-filter. Can anyone tell me if the base part of the filter (without foam) matches the OEM filter?

Or, is there another recommended paper filter I should be considering??

thank you!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
This is why:
  • Clamp on mounting for positive seal - Ends leaking/dust ingress around the seal.
  • 47% Increase in dust holding over the OEM filter - Maximum power and extended service intervals 99.992 efficiency - Unmatched on ISO fine dust. - Keeps the finest dust and silt out of your engine!
  • Washable and Reusable - Super-tough, synthetic hybrid fiber structure specifically designed for a simple maintenance routine using compressed air or vacuum. Washing is normally not necessary in order to restore filter performance. Lasts for years, saving you unnecessary expense!
  • No Oiling!
  • Polaris OEM are $30 and you throw away!
  • R2C is about $55 and clean with air hose and occasionally with a Simple Green solution.

·
Registered
819 Posts
This is why:
  • Clamp on mounting for positive seal - Ends leaking/dust ingress around the seal.
  • 47% Increase in dust holding over the OEM filter - Maximum power and extended service intervals 99.992 efficiency - Unmatched on ISO fine dust. - Keeps the finest dust and silt out of your engine!
  • Washable and Reusable - Super-tough, synthetic hybrid fiber structure specifically designed for a simple maintenance routine using compressed air or vacuum. Washing is normally not necessary in order to restore filter performance. Lasts for years, saving you unnecessary expense!
  • No Oiling!
  • Polaris OEM are $30 and you throw away!
  • R2C is about $55 and clean with air hose and occasionally with a Simple Green solution.
No not you
was wondering why MN_RIDER prefered stock paper filter.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Every time I clean my filter I take a clean cloth,just damp with alcohol, and wipe inside of throttle body and I NEVER see anything :oops:.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No not you
was wondering why MN_RIDER prefered stock paper filter.
Two reasons: 1) I prefer to simply replace with a new filter and toss the old one. 2) I'm not convinced that a reusable filter will continue to provide proper filtration AND required air volume over a length of time. (Please, no hard feelings from the believers here. Duse asked, I responded. It's like Ford/Chevy, chunky/creamy, Ginger/Mary Ann....)

On a side note, I'm also very diligent about blowing out the filter on a routine basis in between changeouts.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Allow me to reask my original question a little differently: Does anyone have a Wix/Napa Gold/Etc number that is a replacement for a Polaris 7082101?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I don’t believe that one exists. At least I couldn’t find one. I did buy an aftermarket brand off amazon but when I looked inside the glue they used to bind paper to rubber end had pieces that were coming loose. That was that, I never installed them. So for me it came down to buying OEM, UNI or take a chance on aftermarket Chinese knockoffs. So I went with R2C. Honestly I’d only trust OEM, UNI or R2C. If you find a legit filter I’ll take a look!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Two reasons: 1) I prefer to simply replace with a new filter and toss the old one. 2) I'm not convinced that a reusable filter will continue to provide proper filtration AND required air volume over a length of time. (Please, no hard feelings from the believers here. Duse asked, I responded. It's like Ford/Chevy, chunky/creamy, Ginger/Mary Ann....)

On a side note, I'm also very diligent about blowing out the filter on a routine basis in between changeouts.
Allow me to reask my original question a little differently: Does anyone have a Wix/Napa Gold/Etc number that is a replacement for a Polaris 7082101?

Thank you in advance.
This is the brand I bought 2 years ago. It’s a US company and when I bought them they were still US made. They were sold to a Chinese company and I spoke with a guy who worked there and he said they are not manufactured in US anymore. I thought they sucked even when they were made in US.
67E51EC4-8981-497D-B3ED-9766B206FE9E.jpeg
$25.00 is no bargain either!

·
Registered
819 Posts

Thank you in advance.
Got it (y) No hard feeling here.
Ford,creamy,maryann 😀

·
Registered
25 Posts
I simply enter the Polaris part number on eBay adding "from china" in the search parameters. Most OEM parts are made in China and upcharged by local dealerships anyway. I buy 5 filters for $25 which is the price of 1 filter in Phoenix. It usually takes 4-6 weeks so some lead time is needed. Some desert trails and riverbeds here can get superfine powder dust that requires changing the filter sooner than other states and climates. Our club mechanic does not recommend the use of branded filters requiring spray oils because they get tiger-striped by inconsistent spraying and absorption. Just replaced as needed and try compressed air to clean up minor dusting issues. The best way to minimize dust conditions is to be the lead dog. Ha-ha!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have been using wix #4245. All foam body. Oiled, and washable/reusable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts