Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 sportsman touring 550.The filter has a soft end and hard. Does the hard end go in first? While I was checking the filter I noticed a part missing on what i take as an air intake. I can not find the missing part on polaris parts. Enclosed is a picture

Attachments

·
8,882 Posts
Number 13 in the pic is the missing part of the clutch inlet duct. Part number 5413516
Not sure what kinda filter you have now but I'd put a OEM air filter and prefilter back in if it were mine. Part numbers 7080595 and 5811633

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I just bought a 2012 sportsman touring 550.The filter has a soft end and hard. Does the hard end go in first? While I was checking the filter I noticed a part missing on what i take as an air intake. I can not find the missing part on polaris parts. Enclosed is a picture
Open end (soft) goes in first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I ordered the oem filters yesterday. I will order part 541356 today.I have no idea if the filter I have is oem but it fits better with the soft and going in first. I guess I will find out when the filters get here. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts