Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in your position as well, as I had purchased a half ton truck then wanted to get a toy hauler. I ended up getting a 20ft aluminum enclosed trailer and have been building it slowly into something. It’s never going to be a full on toy hauler and that is fine but it is super nice to haul my bikes and I know that if I needed to I could sleep in the thing just fine with an air mattress. I haven’t done it yet because of limited amount of time but have plans to put a 120 outlet to it so I can plug an extension cord to it from either the house or generator. I also wanna put an awning on it as well as a window. Towing it hasn’t been an issue and it isn’t going to rust. The smaller toy haulers are garbage on the inside anyways. I think this will be a better product once I am done with it too. They also make enclosed trailers that already have many of the same bed set ups as toy haulers that you might wanna check into. Would I like a 1 ton diesel yep but what I have is paid in full and don’t want another note on something that I would only really need just a couple days a year. Pretty easy to get in to these things over a hundred grand and we haven’t even broke into what your putting in the trailer to ride.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I will mention that all of the toyhaulers with the exception of ATC appear to be built of thumbtacks and glue. ATC is a quality it product but you are looking at $40k+ for their smallest offering with the most basic of options. To get close to a $20k product from the other guys you are going to spend $50k with ATC.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We purchased a enclosed trailer to haul our 6x6 in which does take some space and we could also go camping in it. We camp simple and we tow it behind our ranger. It just has storage, counter and sink in it. Love the darn thing. The truck in the photo is NOT our ranger.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts