Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 700 w/ all wheel drive which really is 2 WD until rw spin. Is there a mod out there to trick it into full 4wd? I am an old couger and don't ride as aggressively as most, I like to ease into the rough stuff, over logs etc, and in 2wd I am frequently "dead in the water" before 4wd
kicks in. I have gone to a more aggressive tire (zillas) which helped but....ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
should engage at 1/5th wheel slip if its longer you could check and clean all you electrical connections including plugs at awd/override switches if you have it in awd all the time i think you will quickly dislike how it handles

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
im not sure which type of 4x4 front end system u have but if its the "hillard" style they get caked up and need periodic maintenance. the 2 to 4 wheel drive engagement should be unnoticeable.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just spent Christmas following snowmobiles through farm land without issue. I always leave the switch on all the time and it works so flawlessly that I cannot tell if it engages or not aside from the traction.

IMG_20131226_165839.jpg

20131224_135039_resized.jpg

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It may be overkill but I change my front diff "Hilliard" fluid at least twice a year. Fluid price is relatively cheap, easy to change and piece of mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts