Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought myself strobe lights for my sportsman etx. I am not very good with wiring but I can do it with proper instructions. I was just wondering how to wire it and if someone can give me instructions on how to. It comes with 4 bulbs and a controller. I have all the wires where I need them I just need to know how and what I need to connect them.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Strobe.... or LED? Got a link to the kit you bought?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out by hooking the strobes up to the adapter connected to the battery for an auxiliary device I would imagine. But I was just wondering where do I connect other lights if I decide to get those in the future...would I tie them into that same wire or can I hook it up somewhere else

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd run them off of the accessory terminal under the front panel, if you don't already have a winch installed on it..... otherwise I'd create a small accessory panel and power the items from a relay via switch.

Note: Please check the laws in your area before you use these..... I'm not sure of the laws in RI, but just be careful (private property only??) using a strobe.... as many states don't allow them due to laws regarding use only in "emergency response vehicles".

Kinda like HID headlights in a standard halogen housings.... you can buy them all over online, but they are technically illegal to install into standard halogen lenses (at least in MN)!!

Granted these are usually "road right of way / motor vehicle" laws.... but it's still a good idea to review them!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In RI there is no public trails so I ride on private at my buddies...but could I attach that accessory panel to the "plug" if you may that comes off the battery. It looks like one of the this u hook trailer lights up to on your truck. Because I connected the strobes to that for now but once I add more accessories I won't have anywhere else to plug it in and I would rather them run off the stator while running instead of draining my battery. I just didn't know how to connect it to the stator

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I do not have a winch and where would the accessory panel be. Just cuz I'm kind of new to this what is the "front panel" and where is the accessory panel. I think I know what your talking about for the wire where the winch is but I plan on putting a winch in soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts