Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for aftermarket variator guides for a sportsman 90. Does anyone know of any engines from other manufacturers using the same guides?

The OEM ones will take a while to get as I am in the UK

Thanks

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
The 2 stroke 90's were the same as Eton, Aeon and Dinli - the 4 stroke 90's? Don't know - maybe the same as other Chinese 50, 90cc or 110 models.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
The variator was changed with the 2007 model (went from 2 stroke to 4 stroke) - it is still made by the Chinese, but the guides are different than 06 and earlier - I checked all my Chinese suppliers and could not find an alternative supplier beyond the 2006 models. You need part # 0455006 $2.50 USD from the friendly Polaris dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank mate. I also had that part number. Over here it is about $5 per guide and $25 for delivery. I will try another dealer

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Thank mate. I also had that part number. Over here it is about $5 per guide and $25 for delivery. I will try another dealer
That sucks - that is worse than my buying Triumph motorcycle parts

I would be willing to buy them and send them to you and I have no clue what the actual shipping would be, but the USPS calculator indicates $12.60 USD to the UK - down side is it might take a week for me to get them and then a couple more weeks for you to receive them from me. If you want to explore this option just let me know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I got sorted. Although the local dealer I went to is a bit crap for delivery times. He has had the part over a week and not posted on to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts