Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Looks like every other one I’ve ever seen.
If it’s metal, odds are it is stronger than oem. Giver a shot if you’re in the market and write a review for others.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
whats the point of a aluminum throttle?
The oem plastic ones can and do break.
Buddy of mine came around a bend and hit a log, in doing so his thumb jammed forward and snapped his throttle lever off. Broke it so short he had no way to give the bike any gas, shut his ride down for the day.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have another question . . .

Does someone know FOR SURE if the thumb throttle from a 2015 570 is interchangeable with the thumb throttle from a 2017 850SP? Would be nice to just buy one of these and take along to use on either my ATV or my wife's should one of them get broken off.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I also purchased one from Cecco Racing and coated the front half with black Plasti Dip. It's holding up pretty good so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
301 Posts
So for those that bought / recommend the Cecco Racing one...
Are they the exact same shape as the stock XP ones or are they at a better angle to relieve throttle thumb?

Oh I like the dipped idea.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot to mention . . .

This one is maybe 1/4" longer and 1/8" wider than stock. For some reason it is a little easier to push . . . i'm thinking the little extra length is contributing to this. Should make the thumb a bit less tired :)

Install is super easy. Just don't forget to add a little grease to the shaft and transfer the rubber dust washer to the new one.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Those of you getting “throttle thumb”, odds are this is due to riding at same thumb positioning too long. Try getting into and out of the throttle more often instead of maintaining same speed and throttle positioning and it should help out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts