Polaris ATV Forum banner

Am I being unreasonable

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  aaronlisa.strickland 
#1 ·
I purchased a used bike from my local dealer 95 425 magnum it broke down after the first 1.5 km took it back they said they are fixing it for free it has now been 5 weeks and I'm getting a little impatient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Call them and ask nicely how the repairs are going.

#3 ·
I have a couple times every time they tell me something different last Thursday I was told it would be ready by this weekend when I didn't hear anything by an hour before closing I called them all I was told this time wa we are working on it so far I have been told it's the cam twice stator three times muffler once and now apparently it owner claims he is doing the job himself

#5 ·
I think I would give them a reasonable deadline to fix it (maybe another week), and tell them if it's not fixed by then that it's apparently not fixable and you'll be expecting a full refund of the purchase price. The only reasonable explanation is that they're waiting for some hard-to-find parts. But if that was the issue, I'm sure they would have told you by now.

#7 ·
What a bummer story.... The service may not sound common but I don't know the dealerships position either. It may have been traded in with an existing problem that the dealership was unaware of and the previous owner did know.

How long were you in possession of the bike for the 1.5km and have you considered demanding a full refund...?

Good luck...

#10 ·
I like the repair deadline and if not repaired by that date a full refund..... be calm and collected when dealing with them. It will get you further in the long run!!

#11 ·
Pay them a visit, as mentioned above, keep your cool always and ask nicely what the status is. Like others mentioned what is it YOU want at this point in time? The quad working or your money back? Luck. :cowboy:

#12 ·
Well I had some time today and went down talked to the owner he claims they tore the motor apart and checked everything also reseated the valves now he thinks it's the carb again I told him he either needs to get it done now or I want my money back that was this morning he says he will call me tomorrow as to weather the bike is fixed or he has money for me

#14 ·
#17 ·
Awesome..... now go ride it like you stole it an be happy they repaired it for free (even though they took their sweet @ss time), on a machine that was likely purchased "As Is"?!

Sounds like you got a great deal! :fing02:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.