Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an American cv caiman series axle on the front right of my 2014 sportsman 570. I had a stick puncture the boot. Does anyone know if an oem boot will fit a American cv axle? They can’t answer this question and don’t have replacement boots for the axles they sell. I have an event next thursday and don’t want to order a boot and it doesn’t fit.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Hmmm first negative thing I've heard about American CV!! That's bs they don't sell repair parts for their OWN axles!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
If they are a stock replacement axle then the OEM boot kit will work. Might not be exactly the same size, but it will be close enough that with the clamps it should be just fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They finally called me back today. They matched up a boot that works for their rugged series axles. Shawn was very apologetic for the delay. He gave me the boot, grease and circllip for the differential end of the shaft for free so no complaints. Problem was the circ clip that holds the inner race on the shaft got jammed, broke and tore up the end of the shaft when I took it apart today so i’ll Be buying a new axle tomorrow anyway. Doing some research it seems a lot of aftermarket axle manufacturers don’t sell boot kits for there specific axles. They all sell oem kits which may not be a perfect fit. When your drowning the axles in water that could be a problem.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Check out EPI boot kits. I've used them on oem and aftermarket axles, a lot better boot than what Sixity puts on theirs.
The inboard boot on my Sixity rear axle has never looked right, looks stretched out too much.
https://epiperformance.com/

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I did have the same problem w/ my sixity rear axle inboard boot. It only looks normal when it warms up. Just found out for sure that the oem boot does fit perfect on the American cv axle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts