Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you Amsoil guys getting close to an oil change. If so it would be nice to see how the oil holds up in the Polaris machines. Would anybody be willing to send a sample to Blackstone to get it analyzed. Doesn't cost but about 20 bucks to do this.
I will be doing the Polaris 10W50 when i change mine next since the dealer gave me 2 bottles with my new purchase.

Thanks
Ronnie

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey Ronnie. I run Amsoil 0W-40 in all three of mine. The oil has always looked good coming out, but that doesn't mean much of course. I just changed oil and it's going to be a short-change and I may very well do an analysis later this year. I'm going to send you a PM.

Lawdog

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wish I would have seen this a week ago I just changed mine. I also use 0w40 and change it every 50 hours last oil looked pretty good. I've only used polaris oil once and that was my first oil change now I'm around 280 hours and 2600 miles in 9 months. I would like to be involved in this testing

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ronnie, I wanted to share with you a link to the oil analysis on my Scrambler 850. Link here.

The last report is Silkolene 15w50, the first 2 are Schaeffer's 5w50. I race my Scrambler in the TORN series out of Dallas. You can see that the myth of 15wXX oils do provide adequate start-up protection, the wear metals were on par or better than the Schaeffer's. Given, the Silkolene is a Group V oil, but that shouldn't matter too much at cold start.

Not trying to convince you not to run Amsoil, heck I'm a PC myself, just that I don't believe Amsoil offers an appropriate oil for our machines, the 50 viscosity oils show excellent wear numbers in heavily used machines.

I'm looking forward to your report on the 10w50 Polaris oil.

I am running Klotz 0w40 UTV oil in my Ranger 570 and plan to do an analysis next time I change the oil, but it will be mid summer or so before that happens. I'll post it up when I get it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I run Amsoil, but I just changed my oil a week or so ago and it'll be after May until I change it again with surgery coming up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts