Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While plowing today with my new Warn plow I ripped both feet brackets right off! Just plowing a gravel drive and the welds pulled right off. I'm not real happy with this plow.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
575 Posts
The mounts on the plow frame to hold it to the machine? Or the brackets on the plow blade for the shoes?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brackets on the plow blade for the shoes

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weld pulled right away from the plow blade. It's those square brackets you put the shoes into

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
You my friend are a prime example of why I plan to build my own plow. Luckily for me, we don't get much snow where I'm at so it's not a priority, but when I do build one, it sure as hell isn't going to just fall apart.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, maybe 10 of snow on gravel is too much for this cheap plow. I dunno what really caused the welds to break but they did.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bad thing is now when I lift it a little and the blade is on an angle, one side hangs lower than the other. Looks like I'm gunna have to weld the brackets back on.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
you need them on there to get it to run right. especially on gravel. unless of course you don't mind raking gravel out of the lawn/ditch every spring.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sounds like they need some better people welding that arnt running cold beads!

glad i went with a eagle plow, i hit a land scape timber that was under the snow and it didnt do anything but scare the crap out of me lol.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Sucks your having all those problems. Mine has been great. I even clipped the boulder on the end of my drive a couple times. All good.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, I'll post pics but it's -10 out right now. I wonder what Warn would do about it if I called them.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm afraid even if they did send me a new plow that it would be the same junk and I would be in this position once again. I plan on taking it to my BIL and welding it up but stronger!

I might call them just to let them know they have a weak plow. First the pins, and the guy told me he had never had anyone complain about them. I am like really?! because the retainer is junk! then the mount. They expect those body bolts to hold?? Now ripped the welds right off the plow blade. That should have never happened. All I'm doing is plowing a gravel drive and I have only plowed 3 times with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Crud

I hate reading this because I ordered a Warn plow and still waiting for it. If it doesn't come today, I may just call and cancel. Go with something else.

·
Registered
679 Posts
It couldn't hurt. Maybe nonchalantly throw in there that you've been on forums asking about others that have had problems. Who knows maybe they'll give you a free shirt or something.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
any chance of getting a picture from "below" the mounts? something that looks up into the break? that first one looks like it took a lot more than just weld with it.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts