Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a chance to race/compare my '14 850 LE against a 1000. That 1000 is better than I was anticipating. The power is right there-no lag at all. I do like my 850 but if I hadn't bought mine 5 months ago I would own a 1000.
image.jpg

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Thanks for the comparison!

Do you know how much extra tire weight you have than him? Have you thought about re-clutching to try and get rid of the 850 lag?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What rubber is on that sharp Blue unit?

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
What rubber is on that sharp Blue unit?
Grim reapers. Both bikes look bad azz. That blue looks great on the scrammys and sportys. Is the 400 in ur sig the same blue?

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
my bad I thought they were grims.

just chked it out on the labtop and can def tell there terra cross, serves me right for guessing at a grainy expanded android photo.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Finally had a chance to race/compare my '14 850 LE against a 1000. That 1000 is better than I was anticipating. The power is right there-no lag at all. I do like my 850 but if I hadn't bought mine 5 months ago I would own a 1000.
View attachment 16854

Did u actually drag race? Or just ride both of them ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We did race & the 1000 starts pulling away @ 40'. I didn't expect to win just wanted to have an idea. The tires are ITP terracross (front-9,rear-11). I just pulled the tracks off & put the wheels on a wk ago for some post winter rippin. Your right, I do have the extra wght of the tires & the winch. I am happy with my 850 & might see what polaris does with the scrambler line in 2015. I hope they offer a hair scramble edition LE that has legit quality shocks, wheels, clutching, gearing, handlebars and a rigid durable frame. Maybe even a signature series influenced by there top racers. Just happy that polaris actually has an atv in this segment & keeps expanding the model/motor options.

·
Registered
434 Posts
We did race & the 1000 starts pulling away @ 40'. I didn't expect to win just wanted to have an idea. The tires are ITP terracross (front-9,rear-11). I just pulled the tracks off & put the wheels on a wk ago for some post winter rippin. Your right, I do have the extra wght of the tires & the winch. I am happy with my 850 & might see what polaris does with the scrambler line in 2015. I hope they offer a hair scramble edition LE that has legit quality shocks, wheels, clutching, gearing, handlebars and a rigid durable frame. Maybe even a signature series influenced by there top racers. Just happy that polaris actually has an atv in this segment & keeps expanding the model/motor options.
If Polaris built what you requested I would buy one for sure. I'm tempted to get one as they are, but a turn key race ready trail slayer would be irresistible.
Stage 4 shocks
Carbon wheels
tether switch
unbreakable frame
redesigned plastics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts