Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Polaris folks
My 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 has a centralized hilliard , not on the hubs and my switch lights up fine, indicators for gears and all work in cluster but no speedometer speed reading. I would like to know how to test front gear case before taking it out. I have voltage on the two pin connector ( only one white connector). I have it up on stands and it just got fresh polaris oil ( yes right stuff) .. Apologies if it's already in forms but every search I do talks about hubs, I don't have wires on or near my struts. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
The system needs the speed reading to work. The AWD doesn't engage unless there is a difference detected between the rear wheel speed and front wheel speed. The speed sensor should be on the right front wheel/hub. Hall effect sensor behind the rotor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awd

Hi
So I changed the hall effect and I have speedo and I have light on in the switch and I have power at the connector which leads to front gear case . Still no engagement. My question now is should I try to warm it up first? Will they not engage cold 40 degrees . I just took it outside and only went a few feet do I need to ride it a bit?

·
8,896 Posts
You need to jack all fours off the ground to check and diagnose AWD issues. You might want to drive around a little to warm/loosen it up first though.
Just reread you post and you've done that I guess.
Are your gear position indicators working?
Tried holding override?
Tried in reverse?
If you've eliminated everything easy you may have to go into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help , I took gearcase out and upon disassembly found that past owner put the shim on the wrong side of the stator plate. Luckily nothing was hurt but I did use new bearings and seals and cage and rollers. I reassembled and bench tested , it works as it should now. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts