Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello and this is my first utility, I've had the sport quads so this will be a new adventure. With that said, it seems like there's quite a bit of upkeep on an 850 sportsman, so my question is, do you think it's worth spending the extra money on an extended warranty and any prepaid maintenance?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
First of all welcome
and don't believe everything you read on here, I ride the 850 sportsman and have had nothing go wrong but I do not do deep water or deep mud, they are fast and smooth as heck to ride
Talk to your dealer or better yet the mechanic's, they are not gonna lie to get you to buy one, allot of the bad talk on here might be from guys that do not even own one, you will notice when guys say 5 axles broke motor blew up, but when asked for pictures or proof they seem to disappear
yes they can have problems, yes they can break, but for the buck that 850 sportsman is great

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the best warranty is your maintance and learning your machine....lots here have same as you and run flawless with thier upkeep.....its a great machine....there are lots here with it..so help should be no problem when needed....do you plan to trail ride or submarine...lol....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, glad to hear this so far! I have no intentions of mud runs or submarining it. I think it's mostly going to be hunting, trails and some snow pushing.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Don't forget the wheelies

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts