Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!
I thought I'd joined this forum because I've done some research looking for a new quad. I've had several different motorcycles and quads over the years but never a 4x4 atv. Out of everything I've researched I decided either the sportsman 850 ultimate off road or XP 1000. Mostly trail riding in all types of weather. Considering I have yet to pick one up I'm open to any suggestions from those who currently have their own experience with Polaris. Thanks for having me!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Screenshot
to the forum
Ball Gas Font Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hello there!
I thought I'd joined this forum because I've done some research looking for a new quad. I've had several different motorcycles and quads over the years but never a 4x4 atv. Out of everything I've researched I decided either the sportsman 850 ultimate off road or XP 1000. Mostly trail riding in all types of weather. Considering I have yet to pick one up I'm open to any suggestions from those who currently have their own experience with Polaris. Thanks for having me!
Where will you ride the most, that may help with suggestions on which model to purchase.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have had two 850s and now on on my second 1000. The 1000 is much more bike for the money. Tri-mode power steering and electronic throttle. And of coarse, extra HP. The 850 is a fine ATV but I will not ride one again unless they quit making the 1000.

Buy once, cry once. Get the 1000

D

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
15,182 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have had 2 850s and 2 1000s. All of them were fine bikes. I enjoy the 1000 much more. I like the Electronic Throttle. It is like power steering for your thumb. Really smooth power and it has three settings. It also has three settings for EPS. I always use High but it is there if wanted. Love the 1000 and will not go back to an 850.

D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts