Polaris ATV Forum banner

Another new old guy!!

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Mike102 
#1 ·
Hey everybody!! Getting back into wheeling with a new 500 HO. Used to do a lot of riding in the 90's. Back then it was thrills&spills-fast&furious. Now I just putt around and enjoy the scenery. Exactly what does the HO stand for on the Sportsman? I thought it was High Output yes/no. Can't wait for the snow, I luv riding in it. All the guys I used to ride with are gone now, either passed away moved away or just quit riding.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. You are correct. It does stand for high output.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
Welcome whopperstopper, I'm also an older guy that just got a new 500HO back in April. I grew up in Jefferson county Ohio, but now live in middle Tennessee. Enjoy the forum

#6 ·
WELCOME!

What's all this "OLD" talk??

Your as old as you wanna be!! I'm a 50 year old kid every time I jump on my machine!

Enjoy life it's wasted on youth!

CW

#7 ·
Calm down CW....you're still a young whippersnapper...lol

#9 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new old guy also. Just traded in my 400 sportsman for the 2014 570 efi. Needed the power steering for my worn out old body. Primarily use snow plowing, as we typically get 150+ inches of snow in central ny each year. Anyone have info on this new model?

#10 ·
WELCOME MIKE!!

Where about are you in NY?

I have a small place in the Catskills about 15/20 miles NW of Ellenville.

CW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.