Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These All Balls rear bearings just aren't cutting it. I changed the last one with 500 miles on it and one today with 1100 miles on it. Each time they have started squealing like a pig and when I take the hub off all the balls fall out. I torque them to the correct specs and I avoid the mud like the plague. I am really second guessing the All Balls product right now. Since I had another set here I went back with the All Balls and backed off the torque 10ft lbs to see if that will make a difference. The stock bearings lasted much longer for some reason but I hate paying steeler price.

Ronnie

·
Registered
805 Posts
I feel your pain. I just replaced my first wheel bearing on my 13 sportsman at 600 miles. I used pivot works bearings, I pulled the seals and packed them with my own grease. Barely has any in there from the factory. If this doesnt last next time im trying a Timken or National.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Were these on XP's? Regardless, gonna go over mine tomorrow.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my XP William. I have put 1 set on the X2 and it is bumping 10000 miles. This makes like the 4th set on my XP. Just gets old working on the XP all the time.

Ronnie

·
Registered
805 Posts
Mine was on a non XP chassis. The factory bearing I removed just said china and the polaris part number on the inner race. Go figure. A company like Polaris should be using BCA, Timken, SKF, at least something name brand.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was on a non XP chassis. The factory bearing I removed just said china and the polaris part number on the inner race. Go figure. A company like Polaris should be using BCA, Timken, SKF, at least something name brand.
It is all about the profit margin.

Ronnie

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I'd gladly pay a few bucks more if they used domestic built bearings.

Gonna check mine over tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure if you can find these or not in another brand. I have checked the places here and they don't have this size for some reason. They have the size above and below but for some reason this seems to be an odd size. The value line everybody has that size but the XP line no.

Ronnie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seems like a silly question, but has eveyone tried Boss Bearings? They are listed as a supporting vendor, so why not let them do the development work and sell us aftermarket products?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not tried Boss Bearing but it will be something different the next go around. I will look into it and see if they have them for the XP.

Ronnie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts