Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings forum members!

My wife and I have decided to join the ATV world and purchase a machine that we can enjoy riding together. We're retired, and have never owned an ATV before, so we're NOT looking for a machine that can handle mud that's 4 feet deep or that can go from 0 - whatever in a heartbeat. Just something that's comfortable, durable, and able to handle the trails in the national parks or other interesting areas during our extended camping trips.

After looking around, we've narrowed the choices down to either the Can Am Outlander 800 or 1000, or the Sportsman Touring 850. They both look like great machines, but I'd like to hear pros and cons from experienced riders.

As I stated, I'm brand new to the ATV world, so any help you guys and gals can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you

Bill

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can't speak for the Can-am but I can say that my wife and I absolutely love our 550 EPS's. We each have our own machine and have a great time riding together.
Not yet retired but sure looking forward to it!

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you two will enjoy whatever machine you get.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wife and I went from two Grizzlies to a 2012 Touring 550 EPS. She got tired of getting dusty riding on a separate bike behind me. It has worked out great, she loves riding 2up and that way we can chat while riding. I also have only one machine to maintain now. In addition, the conversion from 1up to 2up is so easy, the bike has become very versatile, especially because we use it around house also. I decided on the 550 vs the 850 because of pricing and fuel usage. No regrets there, the 550 has ample power in the elevations that we ride and the EPS has eliminated hand fatigue tremendously. The ride comfort is the most impressive feature of this bike.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Howdy, welcome to the board.

We're gonna be pretty biased to Polaris, seeing how it's a Polaris forum and all. I would recommend test riding each. One of the reasons I chose Polaris was because I couldn't resist the Stealth Black color. This forum is full of great people that are always ready to help you out if you need something.

As for pros and cons, mine was simple. How many Can-am dealers are around you? Me, I only have one. So if I don't get along with the service team there, I'm screwed. I have 4 Polaris dealers nearby.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. I think we're going to join the "club" and get the Polaris. There are lots of reviews on YouTube, and except for a minor hit every now and then, it appears to be an awesome machine. We've visited one of the local dealers and looked at them, and my wife says that the rear seat is very comfortable. We haven't been able to take one out for a spin yet due to the bad weather here. I'm sure that when we do, it will just confirm our decision. So, it won't be long before we bring home our very own Sportsman Touring 850!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts