Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've asked about twice now whats the best tire and if my four wheeler can handle it. I have 2013 Sportsman 550efi. I don't know the current weight of the tires. Which I'm sure there not much. I'm wondering the OL2's in 28" weigh more than backs at 30" if my research is correct. Then theres the ITP mega mehayms which weigh way less in 28". I'm trying to find the best tire for me. I don't do a a lot of mudding mostly hunting and go on a few trail rides and hit mud holes here and there. I do plan on getting a QSC kit for it when i upgrade. Please give me some info I don't know much about atv's.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you do a lot of trail riding the OL2 and the Mayhem are going to ride rougher on hard pack. Yes they will be great in the mud but the extra trail riding is going to wear the soft rubber of them off faster. I might recommend looking into the outlaw radial as it is harder rubber not as rough riding and still looks good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Grant, wats up! lol where u gonna be riding? like atv parks or for ur hunting camp and stuff like that? if you think u gonna be at atv parks and occasionally hunting camps then i would just get a set of original 29.5" OL, the OL2 aren't worth the added stress, especially if you aren't gonna get a clutch kit. But if you gonna be at hunting camp and less at atv park i would get the mega mayhems.... me, personally, i love the Outlaws! I have them in 27's and have carried me through whatever i needed them to without digging me straight down like the backs like to do

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your quad comes with 26 in tires. The stock tires are fairly light. If you go with bigger more aggressive and heavier tires you will miss a lot of power. I put 27 in Rip Saws on my 850 and lost a lot of performance.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
With proper clutching, your 550 will turn any tire you want. Since you state you don't do a lot of mud riding, I don't recommend a pure mud tire like an outlaw. Radial outlaws are a consideration, but they are still a bit aggressive for normal trail riding. If you want something in between, you might want to look at something like the Zilla.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Agree, clutching will let you have whatever tire you want but the trail riding consideration is a factor. Agree that zillas could be a good fit. Light, decent in the mud, ride ok on the trails...they do run a little small though.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts