Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2013 Sportsman and want to install a winch but cannot find the factory wiring harness. Please help.

·
Registered
450 Posts
First, we need to know what Sportsman you have. Is it an XP machine? Or one of the value line machines? Limited Edition model?

Second, some Polaris machines (I've heard) are pre-wired for a winch. Mine (in my signature) was not. Either way, it's a pretty simple install.

Third, what winch do you plan on installing? Do you already have it? What about the winch mount? Most are sold separately from the winch.

We need more info to help you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 550 x2 and i don't know if this model is prewired or not. I am installing a KFI winch on their mounting bracket.

·
Registered
450 Posts
The KFI mount I used came with detailed instructions for installing the winch the mount was made for.

Your winch should have come with all the wires necessary to install the winch.

If you're talking about trying to find the 12v accessory wire connection to keep your winch from operating without the key turned on, it should be on the left side of the battery (on your right if you're facing the front of the machine).

Take a look at the thread I made for my winch install. It may help you figure out some stuff for your install. Lots of pics. http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-general-discussion/50367-superwinch-lt3000-kfi-100740-mount.html?highlight=lt3000+kfi

Let me know if you need any more info, glad to help.

·
Registered
450 Posts
No problem, that's why we're all here, to help one another out. :beerchug:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pulled the wench with the winch--finally.

Completed the install today after a few trips to the hardware store and help from coastie it works great. Will try to get stuck in my woods and see if it really works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts