Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2006 predator 500 with a 560 big bore its running perfect and not smoking or anything but I am getting antifreeze in the oil does anyone have any ideas of what it could be before I start tearing it apart thanks Greg

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes it should, but it was my issue. I was just about to ask if yours leaked? If not, it has to be a gasket of some sort bad

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sometimes an engine that has a head gasket hat is starting to go will not smoke at first. If you can smell antifreeze coming out of the exhaust then it is probably your head gasket beginning to fail. As it gets worse it will eventually start to smoke. This is the case in auto engines anyways. I'm sure small engines are very similar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i pulled the motor apart today and the head, cylinder and gaskets looked ok is it possible that the gaskets are bad but look fine any other ideas what it could be i am still going to replace them and see if that fixes hopefully it does if it dosnt what else could it be

·
Registered
3 Posts
antifreeze in oil

there is a part that is called a mechanical seal its like $56.00 bucks give or take.it is behind the water pump impeller.the water pump shaft goes thru it.mine had same prob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts