Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any anti-fog tricks for goggles? Someone mentioned Turtle Wax, another; Rain-X, what do you guys use to help from your goggles from fogging up, (other than buying anti-fog googles)?
Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
well i use a winter glass for my helmet in the winter (double glass with heating elements inside, the still do fog up abit.
for goglggles, never used them but i renember seeing in Canadian Tire ( a store here) a spray for windows, windshields, glasses, goggles, that was anti-fog
See-Kleer Anti-Fog Solution | Canadian Tire heres a link of it, i dont know where you can get anything similar down in the US, but i used it on my glasses and camera lens, and it worked quite well for me.

hope i helped.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
You can probably get anti-fog (dual pane) lenses for you google frames. What googles do you have? They really make a difference.

Otherwise, IMO, a chemical on the lens can only do so much. A breathbox for your helmet will probably make the most difference. It will get your breath away from the lens. Thats what is causing the fog. A huge temperature difference on each side of the same lens.

Its why dual panes work so well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can probably get anti-fog (dual pane) lenses for you google frames. What googles do you have? They really make a difference.

Otherwise, IMO, a chemical on the lens can only do so much. A breathbox for your helmet will probably make the most difference. It will get your breath away from the lens. Thats what is causing the fog. A huge temperature difference on each side of the same lens.

Scott Recoil Goggles with Clear Lens

·
Registered
6,903 Posts

Scott Recoil Goggles with Clear Lens
The good news is that those googles use scott's most common lense. You should be able to get dual pane lenses for those goggles for about $15-$20.

If all else fails anyway....

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use snowboard (dual lens) goggles for exactly that reason. I have seen friends use motorcycle anti-fog products with limited success. Blueline is correct, getting some kind of breath deflector for your helmet will help a lot.

Action

1 - 7 of 7 Posts