Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know..for sure.....how to bypass the kill switch..i kno black/red needs to be run to red/wht just dont kno the rest if anyone could please assist it would be appreciated

i dont wanna hear anything about safety like i read on other forums either

·
Registered
286 Posts
does anyone know..for sure.....how to bypass the kill switch..i kno black/red needs to be run to red/wht just dont kno the rest if anyone could please assist it would be appreciated

i dont wanna hear anything about safety like i read on other forums either
Not a good idea to do this unless your quad is stuck in two foot of snow.(bump to get your question answered)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO......it was stuck in 2 feet of snow....and for anyone else that would like to bypass there kill switch all you have to do is splice the red/wht wire with both black/red....then run a single wire up to one of the black/red at switch (either one) to run high/low beam lights....the reason i say to splice both to red/wht is the same reason i think there is 2 black/red wires, 1 wont let enough juice through to power red/wht , red/wht basically powers everything on the quad from lights(tail, pod,ect) to fuel injection

·
Registered
286 Posts
LMAO......it was stuck in 2 feet of snow....and for anyone else that would like to bypass there kill switch all you have to do is splice the red/wht wire with both black/red....then run a single wire up to one of the black/red at switch (either one) to run high/low beam lights....the reason i say to splice both to red/wht is the same reason i think there is 2 black/red wires, 1 wont let enough juice through to power red/wht , red/wht basically powers everything on the quad from lights(tail, pod,ect) to fuel injection
So did you get it out and plowing now

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it actually died right after i finished plowing the driveway i broke my winch rope parked the plow disconnected it then ripped through the powder in the yard and it died and sat there for 2 days lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine failed once but I was close enough to the house and with others we just towed it. Figured out it was the kill switch once we got to the house. Had we been out farther we would have figured it out due to necessity. I carry the Polaris Manual with me and it has the schematics. But more on your topic, I cant tell you how due to not actually having to do it. Replaced the bad switch instead.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already figured out and posted how

1 - 7 of 7 Posts