Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started working for Mylan Pharmacuticals as an Electronics Tech and am required to get my Journeyman by the end of my first year. Is this possible when i dont have my apprentice liscence?

Sent from West 'By-God' Virginia!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
In Minnesota Yes

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
In ND no, you would have to be a registered apprentice for 8,000 hours before you could write your Journeyman license. Then another 2,000 hours as a journeyman in order to write the Masters test (which isn't as easy test)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i read it right it is saying 4 years of experience in my field of work or 8000hrs. So doing 2 years of industrial scales with up to 120V 5 years or a drywall maintenance tech would this qualify?

Sent from West 'By-God' Virginia!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
If its the same as ND you would of had to have been a registered apprentice (meaning registered with the state electrical board) working under a master electrician with 8,000 hours of labor in the field for your hours to count. Not sure what the qualifications for your state are, but Master's HAVE to register their employees that are doing electrical work within 6 months of their start date. Its a law here.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I went to school to be an electronics tech. Not sure how it ties into being a journeyman electrician. But I can't imagine they would expect you to get something that was impossible to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts