Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a god exhaust for my quad (2000 sportsman 500) I realize that since it being an older model there won't be many kits for it, but I'm hopeful. I am just used to my old dune buggy with a white brothers exhaust on it, so I need the obnoxiously loud again. Could I possibly buy just a slip on for a slightly newer model and retro fit it? Please help
Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I'm guessing the answer is no? Come on someone has to have an exhaust on a older model.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Im going to suggest doing the stock mod. Cut the end cap off, drill a 2" hole and weld a down spout. Remove the first baffle and weld cap back on. Cut old outlet pipe off and weld a cover cap on.

Polaris SP will never have the best sounding exhaust, cept for the Scrambler and the XP850:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought, even so, is there at least any decent sounding exhaust that I could fab if to my quad?

·
Registered
222 Posts
If yours is like I think it is the muffler is the same up to 05. but I cant be sure without seeing it. take a close up pic of the muffler mounts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll do that tomorrow and post them up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exhaust system is essential for living and comfort condition.Now a days ' there is no way without Exhaust system.Exhaust system vanish gas and provide cool and fresh air.So there must be to insert exhaust system in offices and as well as homes and factories.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a speedwerx pipe. Kinda loud but mine needs a repack. They advertise 96 decibel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts