Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a3500 lb synthetic rope winch with mount that seems too cheap to be good...so was wanting some input.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
85 Posts
I installed the Super Terra 3500 a yr ago and not one problem. Only issue on the install was their funky breaker coming off the battery... It has to be fully insulated or you will drain/short out your battery. I used foam pipe insulation around it then covered that in duct tape and found a safe spot under my seat for it. One other issue... The Super Winch mount that comes with it requires you to mount it upside down... Cable/Rope spools off the top and the installation instructions make a point of making sure you do it like that. If I had known that before hand I would have ordered a different mount but now that it is in it really doesn't make a difference and works great. As a reference I did print off the winch install instructions on this site and they came in handy. Good luck.

By the way... I think I spent $190 for mine on a Cabela's special. I've saw a lot of decent reviews on the Super Winch before I bought mine so for that price it was a no
brainer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts