Polaris ATV Forum banner

Any Members from California?

22K views 93 replies 35 participants last post by  Mowershop 
#1 ·
Is there any members California? If so where do you ride?

#3 ·
Bruce are kidding, Did you check the Members list?

That Explains all the staring, I'm not that good looking.

Blueline you've been Everywhere, not Cali.?

#7 ·
OMG, someone from Cali.! Good to see, Have you tried any propecting in El Dorado national forest (big time gold country) Do you ride anywere locally?

#9 ·
I'm from the Gilroy area, I have some friends on the garden valley side He likes to use his detector alot, he's finding alot of buried stuff that the old time prospectors had in there camps , very interesting but no nuggets yet, also you can get maps online of El dorado forest, i'll probably be spending alot of time there as soon as I can buy a pick-up to get me there.

#13 ·
I 've been to those places, Hollister I stay away from on the week ends Just gets to crowded and I hate to wait in line, I don't know if I'll make Deer season this year but its always a good excuse to ride the Rig.

#14 ·
I use to live in california (the bay area) and the best thing i ever did was move out of that state. To many stupid laws, taxes and fees for everything. I now live in idaho, i have my own atv that`s registered so i can ride it to town or the seven miles up the road to the atv trails, try doing that in california with out getting a ticket and probably having your atv impounded.

#15 · (Edited)
You are so right, It is so over regulated when it comes to off road riding, Use to be able to ride anywhere in the sierra mountains, Now since 2005 they are slowly taking our trails away by designating them. I like that you can ride right from the garage, Think I'll look at Idaho as a retirement spot.

#17 ·
You are so right, It is so over regulated when it comes to off round riding, Use to be able to ride anywhere in the sierra mountains, Now since 2005 they are slowly taking our trails away by designating them. I like that you can ride right from the garage, Think I'll look at Idaho as a retirement spot.
You would really like it here in Idaho, i do. I would never live in california again. Lots of places to ride, and fish, you can get a permit to carry a gun and you can own just about any gun you want, try that in california. If your looking for places to ride check out this site Our ATV Obsession , most of those guys are located in the sierras of close to it, and they do a lot of riding in and around that area.

#16 ·
I live in Beaumont, CA and ride up in the Big Bear area and the desert but if you have never been to the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming your really missing a great trip. I trailerd our Polaris Sportsman 550 for a Antelope hunt in Kaycee, WY. then went fishing thirty miles in the back country outside of Sheridan. Nice and quite very few people to deal with and saw plenty of Elk, Moose and Deer. If you watch Fishers ATV World latley they spent a week up in the Big Horn mountains of Wyoming and even Brian Fisher the host said this was the best time he has ever had riding. Oh, were moving to Wyoming at the end of the year to go full time ATVing. :wave:

#19 ·
Bay Area here. My friends and I usually ride in the Sierras while camping. We try to throw in a trip every year to somewhere we've never been to explore the state. Your right about the regulations. It's the dumb @$$s that tear up the forest and leave they're garbage behind that give the tree huggers the ammo they need to get trails closed. I enjoy the forest just like they do, but I'm no dumb @$$ while doing it. Sorry about the rant. Idaho is sounding pretty good...

#20 ·
I'm in San Mateo. Bought mine for hunting, but would like get ideas for places to ride. Took mine out to Frank Raines OHV Park in Patterson in January for the first ride. It was cool, but mostly for dirt bikes. I would rather be riding in the sierras or foothills.

#21 ·
#24 ·
Norcal here

I live in Auburn, just north of Sac off I-80. We ride up around Boca-Stampede a lot. Usually do 5-6 trips over the summer.

We did a 2 week trip to Utah this year, rode the Paiute. Quite obvious to me that Utah is an ATVers mecca!

#29 ·
Mechhell, I was in Sierra Village for a week and a half a couple months ago. If you don't know where that is, it is about 30 minutes above Georgetown towards Pinecrest lake on 108. Endless trails up there, had a blast. Was there with my family but went out riding each day by myself. Carried my pistol just in case, lot of rif raf in the back woods.
And sorry no video.

#30 ·
I'll have to check that area out Pathfinder. Sounds great. I spent my days riding with the guys this summer on BLM land up by Clear Lake and Mendocino, Eldorado, and Tahoe national forests. Great places to go ride right out of camp. We did a quick run out one night after dark and a few beers, that adds a whole new challenge. Good times...

I have Gopro vids, but haven't set up a place online to host 'em.

#31 ·
For Father's Day this year we went camping at Sardine Lake. It's about 1 hour north of Trukee. My Dad and I went out for a night ride too. It is definitely more challenging, I can see why some guys install the HID kits, I hear they are super bright. My avatar pic is from that weekend and that same river crossing my dad and I did at night and of course I went first. It was a little scary because I could not see the bottom. Tomorrow night I am leaving for deer hunting in basically the same area. I hope to get a nice buck strapped to rack of my new quad.:rockwoot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.