Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changed my oil a bit ago and to me there seems to be a lot of metalic copper particles in it. runs fine, no odd noises was changed after 15 hours 50 miles. any ones first change looked like this?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
My buddies 850 looked quite similar. Its mostly assembly lube from engine components. That's our local dealer said.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, my 850 did as well. I didn't go near as long as you. Changed my oil and filter at less than 3 hours. Did it again around 10 hours. I also changed my other fluids around 10 hours and they looked terrible. Get your front and rear diff changed as well as the transmission fluid ASAP! The magnets will be completely covered with lots left in the drain pan.
Remember that the within the first hour or so those new piston rings are filing themselves into the cylinder wall. No reason to let that stuff float around in there. The manual is nuts for saying to wait so long.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to do another change at 20hrs and send it out for a oil analysis to see what is really in there. also switching away from polaris oil to something with a known better additive package.

doing the front diff and trans in the new few days. i suspect they wont be pretty just by the nature of them being gear boxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts