Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one on here installed one.does it work as good as the eps units on the xp or brp.superatv has the kits to fit most all sp500 -800s 2005 to current for 650.00 I can install it my self ,i like the atv power,ride it just needs EPS.it seems the xp550-850eps turn too easy .brp,honda eps is about right.the super atv eps looks like the one on the brp line.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have super atv's kits on my 2009 850XP and it is NOT as good as the factory power steering on my wifes 550XP. There is a lot of play in the gear box system that the OEM does not have. With that being said the system does work and makes a days riding much easier, you just have to get used to the play in the system.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have it on my 800(SuperATV) an don't recomend it, the 850 has a pinch bolt that there isn't roo for on the 800 instead we get a spline shaft that strips out far to easy, I lost steering twice in the bush, barely got it out the first time and the second had to RZR in a mig welder and a generator and weld the shaft right to the motor. I am interested to see if the 570''s EPS will fit in the 800 because that would be worth it IMO. Super ATV may get there but they are not there yet, Personally I also had the welds break right up where the handle bars mount so I am going to reweld, reinforce and gusset the upper steering post and just weld the upper post on to cause I have no patience for more issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts