Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to go riding this weekend some time i'm in the metro area so some where around there, i know all the trails are closed so maybe ditch riding or something just dont know where to go. any one have any ideas and want to go?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Personally..... on Minnesota Deer Hunting - Rifle Opener, I wouldn't be caught dead on my wheeler, in the woods or on public land, unless hunting for the illusive white tail deer (And wearing blaze orange from head to toe). But you can take your life into your own hands!!

I'd let it sit in the garage or on the trailer from 11/9 - 11/18. You may even want to check the MN DNR ATV laws about riding during this period! I know there are special time slots you can lawfully opperate an atv/utv to access/retrieve a "harvested deer"!!

As for me... I'll be hunting on private family land, in my cozy orange camo.... so I will be unavailable! :D

May want to check the DNR ATV laws about riding during this period!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yeah, you had better keep it in the garage, as I THINK you can only ride them before dawn and at dusk or to pull your deer out. so I would keep it in the garage until after the hunters take out all the Bambi's...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Temporary OHV trail closures begin in November: News Releases: Minnesota DNR

Temporary OHV trail closures begin in November

(Released October 3, 2013)

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will restrict recreational use of off-highway vehicles (OHVs) in some areas during the upcoming firearms deer hunting season. Vehicles affected by the restrictions include all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), off-highway motorcycles (OHMs) and registered off-road vehicles (ORVs) such as four-wheel drive trucks that are not being used in conjunction with deer hunting by a licensed deer hunter.

The restrictions, which apply to state forest trails and access routes but not to state forest roads, aim to protect recreational riders from potentially unsafe riding conditions and to minimize conflicts between deer hunters and recreational riders who may inadvertently disturb them.

Licensed deer hunters may still use these routes in conjunction with their hunting activity:

Before legal shooting time.
From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
After legal shooting hours.

Effective dates of the recreational riding restrictions will be:

Nov. 9 – 24 for the northeastern Minnesota 100 Series deer season.
Nov. 9 – 17 for the Minnesota 200 Series deer season.

Because recreational OHV trails located in southeastern Minnesota close Nov. 1 each year, no additional OHV riding restrictions are necessary in that part of the state.

While many recreational OHV riders have voluntarily opted not to ride forest trails during deer hunting and small game seasons, recreational OHV riding has become a year-round sport for many. DNR officials remind everyone who visits Minnesota’s state forests this fall to put safety first.

For more information, see the 2013 deer season map online or contact the DNR Information Center at [email protected] or 651-296-6157 or toll-free 888-646-6367 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It would be nice if they could keep some open, but the hunters only get a couple weeks a year so it don't bother me too much. I plan on buying some land so I can ride whenever/however I want.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
you can ride any place except for the trail closers, I am riding Sat. in southern Mn. we have no trails and I land I ride on is family land so if there is a hunter there, they are trespassing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice, i wish my cabin wasnt so far away or id go riding up there this weekend. that and its a seasonal cabin so no heat and its closed for the winter so no place to stay. but 46acres to ride in the summer

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
you can ride any place except for the trail closers, I am riding Sat. in southern Mn. we have no trails and I land I ride on is family land so if there is a hunter there, they are trespassing
This may be very true..... but they still have a leathal weapon, and who know about the IQ level of some "folks"!!

Do as you wish...... mine will stay locked in the garage, even if I wasn't hunting. I hunt on my parents private posted farm land, but we've still had "visitors" (trespassers)!! :cowboy:

But if your desire to go wheeling over-rides your common sence..... at least put on a blaze orange cap and coat!!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Agreed. About the only somewhat safe place to ride is ditches.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
96 Posts
[quote/]and who know about the IQ level of some "folks"!![/quote]

Exactly why i dont ride even the ditches during firearm and muzzleloader seasons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts