Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a fuel pack before a week long trip to Hatfield Mccoy this june. What gallon size are people running on the scramblers, and where are you mounting them? thanks

·
Registered
901 Posts
I bought a 4 gallon Koplin and ratchet strapped it to the back rack worked well. I don't know about the Scrambler but I got @90 miles out of a tank when I went to HM last year. I would think you could get away with something smaller if thats all you had

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am mounting a pelican case for a box on the back of my 1000, same one others here used but I bought two rotopax 1 gal cas cans with the mounts and put them on the lid of the Pelican case.

·
Registered
184 Posts
photo.JPG

I mounted mine on that front rack!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought 2 of the Rotopax 2 gallon packs and mounted them using the universal mounting plate to the back bracket. I usually do not bring anything with me when I ride so I wasn't worried about taking up space, plus I can switch out one of the 2 gallon gas tanks with the storage packs they make.

I can post a picture later on this week if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I carry a 1.5 Gallon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi all,

I have two rotopax 2 gallons tanks on my 850xp le. I also mounted them on the universal plate on the back.

I made my own lock and ride plugs. Since the picture above was taken, I modified the plugs to be about 3/4" longer by adding another rubber plug and longer bolt.

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hi all,

I have two rotopax 2 gallons tanks on my 850xp le. I also mounted them on the universal plate on the back.

I made my own lock and ride plugs. Since the picture above was taken, I modified the plugs to be about 3/4" longer by adding another rubber plug and longer bolt.

Cheers,
Lesn8r
Nice looking setup and it's modular/removable too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers,
Lesn8r
How'd you get that front storage compartment?

I've been trying to think of a way to get a small amount of storage on the front for tools/food but I've been coming up short. How much storage do you get with it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
labonjo,

that is a polaris front storage unit, it was standard on the 850xp le. I suspect you can add them, but I'll let others chime in or you can check with your dealer. I do love that storage area, while not huge, I can carry some water, tools, first aid kit, camera, toilet tissue all just fine. If I get a chance in the next couple days, I'll take some pix of the inside.

Cheers,
Lesn8r

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
How'd you get that front storage compartment?

You can get them at the dealer for about $180. It's big enough to hold 2 1 gallon rotopax and still have room left over for other things like a tow strap, first aid kit, small saw ect.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heres what two of the 2 gallon packs look like mounted on the back rack

Hey thats what i was looking for. do you have them mounted using the rotopax mounts? or just ratchet strapped?
I used the rotopax universal mount plate. So not the circular mounts, but the one long piece. You can see it in lesn8r's post.

I then used some bolts and some scrap metal to use under the racking to attach. I did have to drill new holes in the universal mount.

If I had more time I would attach the plate with custom lock and ride bolts, but I was pressed for time when I was attaching it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
labonjo,

that is a polaris front storage unit, it was standard on the 850xp le. I suspect you can add them, but I'll let others chime in or you can check with your dealer. I do love that storage area, while not huge, I can carry some water, tools, first aid kit, camera, toilet tissue all just fine. If I get a chance in the next couple days, I'll take some pix of the inside.

Cheers,
Lesn8r
Just realized it is a sportsman pictured, not a scrambler. Anyone know if the sportsman front can be attached to the scrambler front?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here is how I mounted mine on my 1000 same iM2450 Pelican case others have used with 2 one gallon rotopax cans on top that fit perfect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts