Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportsman 850XP W/EPS
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the engine oil and the front and rear gear case oil in my quad. I was able to find the crush washer for the engine oil drain plug: OEM Part 5812232. But I am having a hard time trying to find a part numbers for the front and rear gear case drain plug and fill plugs. I see pictures of them and they look like they are just basic o-rings. Does anyone know the part numbers for the gear case drain and fill plug gaskets? If they are just o-rings does anyone know the size of them. I'm sure I could probably buy them from Ace hardware.

·
10,588 Posts
They're just O-rings and not sold separately by Polaris. They come already on the plug when you buy it.
No need to change the crush washer or O-rings unless they actually need it. Crush/sealing washers are available in all sizes and all different materials (copper, aluminum, plastic, etc.) at any auto parts store for about 25 cents each if you need them. I've never changed one in many years unless it was lost or damaged for some reason. Never any leaks. That's just a Polaris thing to sell you an unneeded washer at about 5x the ordinary price that you can get them most anywhere.

·
Registered
2017 Sportsmen XP 1000 Touring
140 Posts
I have 1 spare plug and a few washers for all drains, its cheap insurance.

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Do the tranny as well. like said above no need to replace the o-ring or crush washer. just if they are lost or damaged would you need to replace them. also when I do a all oil change I grease, change the air filter and sock, and grease the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
2011 Sportsman 850XP W/EPS
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like to have one or two extras of the crush washers or o rings or whatever type of seals or gaskets I may need before I do the job so if I end up needing it I don't have to go get it then. I am going to do all the fluids. This will be my first time on this quad. I have done it on my Honda rancher at when I had that and it wasn't hard. That quad shared the engine and tranny fluid which this one does not. Hardest part I remember was trying to get around the skid plates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts