Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a 1999 Polaris 455 Diesel atv and On top of the Injector pump there is 2 connections besides the connection for the metal line that goes to the injector nozzle. My problem is which connection is for the main fuel feed and which is for the return line. No Polaris dealer in my area knows plus doesn't say in service manual. The bottom type fitting is a banjo type fitting so would the top one be the m

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone could send me a routing for all the fuel lines would be great. I have the service manual and it shows a diagram but something doesn't seem right plus doesn't show which connector is which on injector pump.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Check out Browse and look at the parts diagram for your model.
Might give you an idea of what goes where.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already tried that. Couldn't find anything to tell me which is which. I actually have a Polaris tech working on it and they can't even figure it out. They asked me if I remember how it went and I can't. So I figure someone that owns one could look and tell me. There is no one around my area that knows anything about this atv.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Your banjo fitting should be the fuel feed. The push on nipple fitting should be the return line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok They both are a nipple you just push the hose onto. They just call one fitting a banjo on the parts page. The banjo is directly underneath the other fitting. Would that make any difference?

·
Registered
505 Posts
If there's a banjo and a nipple then the banjo is the pressure fitting and the nipple is the return. You won't see it the other way around. Should be able to figure it out from that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've had mechanics tell me both ways! We tried it both ways and no luck. If you could look at the injector part schematic then someone might be able to figure it out from that. I don't have enough experience with this type of engine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If someone more experienced than me can tell from this parts diagram which is the feed and which is return. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I'm wanting to know what fitting on the pump do you hook the line coming from fuel tank up to that feeds the pump. The other fitting would then be for the hose that returns excess fuel back to tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dieselman
looks to me like key #9 in the link you posted would be the feed line and the other one would be the return. I have never worked on these engines but i am a diesel tech at a John Deere dealer. You should also have some way to prime the system and when you hook up the feed line try priming the system while the return line is unhooked to get all the air out of it. It will be a little hard to start after you have had the system open for awhile.
Also if you hook both lines up and gravity feed it thought both lines and then you can see which one is returning. You may also try starting it on WD-40 to bleed injectors and WD-40 will not hurt the engine like starting fluid.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, well thank you guys for all the replies. I just couldn't figure out which was which. Hopefully this will get it going.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi dieselman could youdo me a favor keep your eye out for a injector pump secound hand one please , also i need all the settings to build my engine any chance you could help me out please thanks roger

·
Registered
8 Posts
polaris

Sure will. I'm not real keen on this engine but will do what I can.
im not really a big fan of this engine but all the help i can get to rebuild this engine the better , ive been made redundant from my job so money very tight so when i can get it running i have some jobs for it it will pay a few bills as my pest control is a bit slow as well thanks for your help buddy do you need my email address is,, [email protected] thank you roger

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a 99 500 diesel the return line goes from the injectorwhere it T from the front of injector then it goes to the left fiting on the fuel tank the one that comes from the banjo goes to the right one on the fuel tankthat is on a 500 but it is the same i think

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 1999 Polaris 455 Diesel atv and On top of the Injector pump there is 2 connections besides the connection for the metal line that goes to the injector nozzle. My problem is which connection is for the main fuel feed and which is for the return line. No Polaris dealer in my area knows plus doesn't say in service manual. The bottom type fitting is a banjo type fitting so would the top one be the m
If you haven't figured this out yet, send me an email [email protected]. I'll look at mine and let you know how the fuel lines are routed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts