Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am going to pick my new Scrambler up Saturday, maybe even Friday.
Are there any preemptive repairs I should make during the first week?
I see the 2014 changed the TPS sensor and have read about problems with the fan not running at full speed due to excessive heat to a sensor/switch or something.
Are these issues I should address immediately? My local Polaris dealership is better at selling quads/apparel than they are in repairing quads. Guy behind the counter once sold me two stroke oil to go in my son's Outlaw 90. Said there was no difference. :disappointed: So, I'd most likely need to make all repairs myself.

I know when I bought his 90 there were a couple things that were recommended immediately- rerouting the gas tank breather hose, changing the clutch spring. And my Can Am...well that was mostly "just get used to all the blinking lights and loud brakes". lol

But I have heard horror stories of 850's going into limp mode after merely 4 hours. I am hoping those are horror stories rather than the norm.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Im about as hard on machines as a guy can be and ive had no issues. Also im 270lbs so shes hauling a good load all the time. Overall seems like a solid machine. I got about 700ish miles on mine, changed engine oil once and thats all ive done for maintainence. Did one belt at about 350 miles, but again, im very hard on equipment, and that was after a full day tree shooting in the dunes with no breaks, full throttle 4wd up the dunes back down and straight back up. I think you'll be happy

·
Registered
222 Posts
Therei s the fan breaker, makes sure you have the 20A one or it can makes the fan turn too slow overheating the engine

And if you plan to ride hard, brace the rear lower a-arm mounts, they tend to broke off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts