Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having the backfire reflash done. Never got around to it and finally have time. Has anyone had any problems or side effects after having it done? My dealer said most are very happy, a couple said the backfiring was reduced but not gone, and one swore he lost power after the update. Anything to worry about?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I didn't know anything about the reflash. But my 550 XP was backfiring pretty often and I switched to 87 octane gas from running 93 octane all the time and it never backfires anymore.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there is a reflash for almost a year now that eliminates it. Always ran 87 in mine too.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have never had my 2013 backfire once. Not even during break in. I only use 91 octane.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never had my 2013 backfire once. Not even during break in. I only use 91 octane.
That would make sense as the 13's come with the updated programming.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My '13 has backfired 2 times...It was only when my best friend was riding it...don't know what he did, but I know he wasn't riding it hard because I was right behind him and he had his 2 year old son on it with him.

I am guessing he went from on the throttle to completely closed all at once...just a guess!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts