Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pic of the 2010 X2 550. Polaris has moved the X2 as well as the touring model over to an extended XP chassis for 2010.

This is really my favorite of the new 2010 models, I just wish they offered it in an 850 with EPS like the touring model.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am with you.... that I like the X2. I would like to see the 850 EPS model with stock aluminum wheels like the 09s have.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I am waiting for them to come out with. An 850 EPS version of the X2, prefferably in stealth black like my 08 model. They have the touring model with EPS and the 850, but the Toruing models are not near as versitle as the X2, and just won't really fit my needs.

The X2 I have now has been great, I am just spoiled now by my 850 XP with the power steering, that I am really wanting to upgrade the X2 to the new XP chasis with all the same features that my XP has like power steering and the new 850 motor. That would be the ultimate setup for me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is pretty much what everyone on every Polaris forum I am memmber of has said. "Where is the 850" and "where is the EPS option". Out of the dozen or more different fokes I have spoke with on 3 or 4 different forums, not one has said they plan to buy the 550 without EPS, that polaris has anonced they are offering for 2010.

Everyone says, Where is the 850 or at least where is the EPS option.

I am sure it was probably pointless, but Polaris has a contact us link, on the Polaris website. In that e-mail polaris deal, one of the sub catagories is you can suggest new products.

I am sure it was probably a waiste of time, but I did send Polaris an e-mail suggesting that they make an 850 EPS X2, that I knew people that wanted a new X2, but everyone wanted an 850 EPS version. That I didn't know really anyone planning to buy a 550 non EPS version. I told them I knew of at least 6 people that I ride with or know for sure that they were ready to buy 850 EPS X2's. I just told them I thought they were missing there target market with the 550 non EPS version that they were presently offering for 2010.

I look at this way, if you are hauling a passenger, that is basicly twice the payload of a normal single seat machine would every cary.

If you are working around the Farm or jobsite, good chance you may need to pull somehing heavy.

Again and again power is going to be very important hince the 850 would be the only way I would want a maichine like this.

Then there is the EPS system.

With extra weight of 2 on the machine this size EPS would be a super options to have.

How about doing work with the machine in slow moving situations like draging a mower or sprayer around the farm or Jobsite.

I have a rough cut mower I pull around our place with my 08 X2 800, to maintain the property. It is all slow moving work, quite often I am needing to steer one handed and control the mowers blade actuator lever with the other.

I was thinking this new XP based X2 would be perfect with it's supersized radiator and cooling system, relocated motor and exhaust, EPS system better suspension ect. ect. All that would make an 850 EPS X2 a must have machine for me.

Now Polaris just needs to get with the program and built it and stop screwing around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer nearest to me is 28 miles. They still have a 800 and 500 touring sitting on the floor for almost 2 years now. When I asked about the 2010 850 touring, I was told that they would not be getting one because they could not sell the ones they currently had. I remember they had a couple X2's last December, but they were gone on this visit in August. I think that the sales team at Polaris need to look at what dealers still have on the floor and find out if it is not selling because of the area or even just the color of ATV on hand.

I was hoping with the redesign of the XP they would have made some changes in the 2 UPs. I was disappointed with the new Touring Model Pictures. The only thing that has changed is the addition of the suspension seat. I could do without the dump bed on the 2X, but I would rather have the ability to remove and store than have to completely remove the seat like in the Touring Model.

I do not want to sell my 850 XP LE at all. I was looking forward to Polaris coming out with a new 2 UP that I would buy. Right now I have noticed some of the 850 XP owners who have sold their XP and waiting on the CamAm Max. If these guys have success with the Max, I also may go with one if Polaris can not get something going on a 850 X2.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The can-ams are pretty nice machines, but the max has the same issue that you mentioned not liking about the touring model, you have to remove the back seat, rather then fold it away like the X2. I owned a max prior to my X2, I was not really all that impressed with it. My dad also owned one and just recently traded it off another single seat Outlander. When he traded it off the 06" Max 800, it only had 114 miles on it. I think when I got rid of mine it ony had a 200 miles on it. I know there are a lot of fokes out there that lover the Max's, but unless you have a need to ride double an awefull lot, I would much preffer even the old style X2s to a max, except fot the max now has EPS. But if EPS was the deciding factor, and I had to have a two up machine, I have to say I like the new 850 EPS touring better then the max as well. You can get a rear lock in ride box that interchages with the seat and the front storage on the touring is way more storage then the Can-am has. I still have one Outlander, but I am just more impressed with the Sportman XPs than the Outlanders in general overal pkg. They all have there pros and cons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts