Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of spending hours cleaning silicone off my clutch cover evertime I need to go in there for something thinkin about trying the outsiders mud crew gasket for it. Just wondering if anybody tried it yet and how it worked?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Also interested. Haven't ordered them yet, but eventually will.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried calling them yesterday 4 or 5 times, just to see what they had to say about how their gasket differs from stock and I usually like to have conversations with people before I order their parts. they're sales number is a guy named chads cell phone number. Not only did I get no answer, mailbox was full so I couldn't leave message but by the end of the day he was hitting FU button and ignoring my calls. Not sure I am willing to try their products with customer service like that but to give them the benefit of the the doubt I will try today few times see what happens

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i’ve read on here a while back they are good gaskets, they make gasket seals for the 1000 xp air box cover also. Its probably a side business that he deals with at night , but im not sure.
Keep us posted please .

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twice today so far and nothing... Will try a few more times and I'm Givin up on them. I have seen the airbox gaskets too but with only the strap holding the lid on I just don't trust anything but silicone. If clutches get wet no big deal worst case ruin a belt. Airbox is too serious lol I'll deal with cleaning some silicone off that once in awhile. That's just my personal preference though. Will definitely keep updated if I get in touch with these guys I love the idea

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm running them on my CVT and airbox lid, best thing about them is that they dont 'take a set' like the stock gaskets. Had my CVT housing ~ 3/4 under water since I've put them on and had zero problems.

my 2 pennies.

-j-rod

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice that's what I'm interested in hearing. Glad to hear they're workin out for you. My bike goes under up to the seat / handlebars 3 or 4 times every time I ride so I definitely need them to be sealed pretty good. I also like to park in water up to my exhaust pipe and hang out which is especially tough on the clutch seal sitting in water like that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts