Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thumb is blazing hot on high, have to use low. Handle bar warmer is just ok on high. So I guess it's a trade off between the 2.
I have the Polaris ones as well, I'm satisfied with them. I tend to run with them on low until I get into the teens or below. Thumb warmer is stupid hot in high tho!
I have the polaris ones on two machines. I have the exact opposite thought... My thumb seems cold even on high (on both machines). I have billet aluminum throttle levers on both machines. I wonder if that makes a difference?

I find the grips to be plenty warm. I start out on high then usually switch to low after 20 minutes or so.

Definitely makes a huge difference in comfort level when riding in the cold!

·
Registered
2022 Highlifter 850 w/Camco X4s
598 Posts
I have the polaris ones on two machines. I have the exact opposite thought... My thumb seems cold even on high (on both machines). I have billet aluminum throttle levers on both machines. I wonder if that makes a difference?

I find the grips to be plenty warm. I start out on high then usually switch to low after 20 minutes or so.

Definitely makes a huge difference in comfort level when riding in the cold!
That it does. And I find that interesting. I have an aluminum one in the dry box with a tool kit if the plastic one ever breaks. I almost switched them but now you got me wondering, lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will and do but have to stop way too often because i don't have heated gloves. Do you have heated gloves and are they worth the money you paid for them? If worth the money then who manufactures and sells them?
I ride in the snow, its a blast. ITP Mud Light tires work great in the snow. I use heated gloves from Ororo and when its really cold or chucking down I will add waterproof bar mitts. Heated grips get too hot for my liking.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I have seen a lot of people out riding last winter on their ATV's with cheep Walmart gloves on. They would tell me how cold it was, but I was good. If you have hand and thumb warmers, hand guards and snowmobile gloves, your hands should be fine in my area with temps down to 0 F. I haven't had a chance to ride in anything colder here yet. I use snowmobile gloves, boots, pants, jacket and helmet plus a balaclava. Dress for the weather people.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I recommend Heat Demon grips and thumb heaters.

Got them on both my snow plow Sportsman 570 and my trail riding 850.

We ride all year here in northern Michigan and these grips make a big difference.

These are on eBay:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have used these on the last four ATVs I have owned. The work good but they have a flimsy control box mount. I broke all of mine and had to glue and zip tie them back on. Individual 5 position heat for thumb and hands is a plus. Warm thumbs and hands.

D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Anyone else use Oxford Heated Grips?

I ran them on all of my street bikes in the past. The last one I kept for 3 years and over 70K of riding in all weather. Never had an issue. I am curious if they are still as reliable as I haven't bought a set in several years.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Sportsman 850 XP (Base), Traveller 3500lb winch, Polaris 60" steel plow
4 Posts
Honestly i can't wait to ride in the snow (even though if snow didn't show up at all I'd be happy, aswell) . but just got my plow for my 2022 and working on some of the other add ons... most importantly the heated grips and thumb throttle

Reactions: MrEd
21 - 30 of 30 Posts