Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fix a cobbled mess... Got this wheeler in with a hose clamp in a strange area. Installed a new starter, put the clutch cover on and WALA..the dam thing rubs on the outer cover. I assume the clutch cover and inner cover is warped or is missing spacers.

Missing Spacers? Is there supposed to be spacers behind the inner cover where it bolts behind the driven clutch? There were non on it when I removed the cover?

I know now why the hose clamp is screwed to the clutch air intake- it prevents the clutch from rubbing on the outer case. Intake Tube was filled with a mouse nest.

Anyone have any repair suggestions to keep the clutch from rubbing on the outer cover?

Thanks

DTLMG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
There should be an L bracket at the bottom front of the inner cover. Depending on how warped it is, you might be able to just use it. Otherwise you will have to replace it. Not sure if it's available new or not.

·
Premium Member
7,402 Posts
Looks like the bracket would be easy enough to fab up yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
I will try to look at my Xplorer and take a photo if I can this afternoon. I think you could fab one up. Don't know if it is available from Polaris or not. I know mine has the bracket on it, so I bet we can copy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts