Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 850 XP HO. Finishing up doing some work on it and thought I better adjust the valve lash on it before I put it back together. It has 4400 miles on it and not sure it ever got adjusted in the past. I have a manual for a 12-13 850 Sportsman and 1 thing I notice was that the manual show the incorrect TPS on it, the old style. Someone sent me the chapter just for the TPS from a 13 850 Scrambler and it had the correct TPS pictured and how to set it. The thing I'm running into is on my 09 850 XP EPS I just adjusted the valves on it and it calls for .06 and .09 on intake and exhuast. The manual I have for the 13 show 0.0 tolerance on it. I adjusted it 3 times at 0.0 and I can not hear the valves barely kissing the piston tops. Does anyone have a service manual for the 13 850 Scrambler that they can look at the valve lash setting for me.

Much Appreciated,

Ultra

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ridinagain do you have access to the valve lash specs on a 14 850 HO?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just read that they changed the throttle body and I'm wondering if I have a late year 13 as mine has a different throttle body and tps than my 09.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Haven't checked the 14 yet. Can't imagine they changed the spec though. Haven't seen one through here yet. None with enough miles or out of warranty to break I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts