Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well don't hold your breath.. At least not yet. I emailed several aftermarket exhaust companies and these are the responses I got....

Big Gun Exhaust-no plans for a 570 exhaust
Hot Seat- might make one, too busy right now with snowmobiles
MBRP- not currently in the works but possible
HMF- currently working on one, possibly a month or so away from production
Supertrapp- no plans for 570

I asked all of them if a 500 exhaust (slip on) would work and I got responses like "not sure", "maybe" and just plain "no". I looked the parts #'s up and the muffler on the 570 and 500 are different, even though physically they look the same... So I don't know for sure if a 500 slip on would work or not...

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is too bad, that was my next thing to look at.
Let hope in the new year they will develop few model for the 570

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is too bad, that was my next thing to look at.
Let hope in the new year they will develop few model for the 570
I'm hoping the same. I understand it's still a little early, I'm just anxious I guess :motz:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Just buy a slip on for a 500 and mod it to fit....

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
If you want a true exhaust that will enhance the engine, wait for MBRP. Many other brands just build noise cans.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just buy a slip on for a 500 and mod it to fit....
This is what I've been thinking about doing. May not have to mod it at all or not much. I still can't figure what the difference is. They look exactly the same. I've even thought of buying a 500 used can off eBay to see what fits, but even the rusted piles of crap on there, they are asking $40+

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want a true exhaust that will enhance the engine, wait for MBRP. Many other brands just build noise cans.
Had MBRP on my Cummins diesel. Quality was good

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AAEN Performance- IF they make one, R&D doesn't start until March for ATV products....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also just found out what the difference between the 500 & 570 muffler/exhaust is... The 570's head pipe and exhaust inlet on the muffler are larger than on the 500's

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
26 Posts
really not a fan of the horizontal mounting.i know increasing the header length improves the torque byut these motors are good there imo.maybe im just used to normal looking exhaust.$369 for a slip on !

·
Registered
815 Posts
I like the look of the horizontal mount. anyone know how much louder the standard swamp series is than stock? I want a nice sound but nothing too loud. I have a stupid loud honda already

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the look of the horizontal mount. anyone know how much louder the standard swamp series is than stock? I want a nice sound but nothing too loud. I have a stupid loud honda already
There was a vid floating around on here of a 570 with HMF exhaust playing in the mud... Here it is.. Looks like it's the XL (xtra loud) from the comment from the OP on YouTube

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question, but if you guys are adding a pipe that increases performance, are you doing a flash of the ecm to allow for a new air/fuel mix? Anybody afraid of running lean?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts