Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 700 efi and am looking for a gun rack to mount on the front. I came across an ad for product called a Gator Gripp. Atv bow gun utility rack | Gator-Gripp Racks They are kind of different than the typical gun racks you see and I wanted to hear anyone's thoughts on them. I plan on hunting partridge from my wheeler next fall and as we are not allowed to shoot from a motor vehicle here in Maine, I thought this would be nice as I could hop off and grab it quick. :cowboy:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
GATOR-GRIPP|ATV Bow,Gun,Utility Holder

Just happend to stumble onto this thread, I'm the manufacturer of gator-Gripp, what are the chances of that? Give it a try there awsome, it's a whole new experience and were pretty confident that you'll love it. You may have seen are video how quick removing or inserting equipment can be, and how it instantly auto adjusts to fit all types of equipment without the use of rubber straps, Velcro and other gizmos, and most of all, IT'S FUN TO USE! We have a 14 day money back policy if not satisfied. Note: The Loc-N-Ride plugs will adapt to our brackets if you have that type of rack, otherwise our brackets will fit up to one inch round or square tubing or can be mounted to flat surface as well.

Brian, Gator-Gripp Racks

Atv bow gun utility rack | Gator-Gripp Racks

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Yes, really..... that is wierd. What are the chances of your first post being an answer to a question about your own product? :dunno:

As for the product itself.... it looks good, but this is the first time I've ever heard of or seen one. The post also states no rubber straps, but on the CAD image, it sure looks like a rubber strap for adjustment/squeeze on the back side to me. :dunno: Price isn't bad at $86 (shipped).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw the post, joined to respond to the post to give more info. As for the no rubber straps, that means no rubber straps (snubbers) to undo to get your equipment out like the many other racks out there. The strap on the unit powers the griping action only. It adjusts by pulling the nylon strap handle which opens the jaws then you release it to grip item on both sides independently.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Looks like a neat product. To the OP, make sure you read the regulations on transporting a firearm in a motor vehicle. Most states require they be unloaded and cased, even on an ATV. That will kind of defeat the quick reaction time you are looking for no matter the mounting system you use.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I saw the post, joined to respond to the post to give more info. As for the no rubber straps, that means no rubber straps (snubbers) to undo to get your equipment out like the many other racks out there. The strap on the unit powers the griping action only. It adjusts by pulling the nylon strap handle which opens the jaws then you release it to grip item on both sides independently.
Found the video on YouTube and watch it..... nice design! I like it alot.... now if only my "Y" style holders needed to be replaced! Looks like it really grips things good and holds them securely!!! I'm assuming the tention progresses as the teeth/holders open further. What is the minimum foce applied, or is the gripping more in the pad material? When I'm in the market again, I'll be looking this one up!! You need to get it out in the market eye a little better too. Looks like something that should be sold at Cabela's or Fleet Farm (Man's Mall).

Good Luck with your product!

Looks like a neat product. To the OP, make sure you read the regulations on transporting a firearm in a motor vehicle. Most states require they be unloaded and cased, even on an ATV. That will kind of defeat the quick reaction time you are looking for no matter the mounting system you use.
Very good point Ryan!!! Worth looking into vs. a fine.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well coming from a guy that hunts from my wheeler with both gun and bow that looks like it's worth a shot. What about letting me demo one for you and then giving a good real world review of it and bragging it up if need be? Let me know I bet I could sell quite a few of these just around my home town alone. Send me a PM if interested. I might just buy one anyones because of curiosity and lord knows I've tried a couple different racks and mounts, and as all have worked none have ruled the roost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ridnagain,
no loaded firearms on a motor vehicle in Maine with the exception of a handgun if you have a CCW. We are not allowed to hunt on Sunday here either and when in "unorganized townships" ie...the middle of nowhere, you are required to have a firearm cased on a sunday. Grouse hunting in the northern part of the state often times involves riding old tote roads as the woods themselves tend to have 3 feet of slash all over the place. When in my pu, I usually have my NEF 20 gauge single banger on the seat next to me as its pretty quick to pop out and drop a shell in it. You are not even allowed to shoot at an animal while touching the truck in ANY way. You can be 50 miles from the pavement and cannot even lean a loaded rifle against you truck to while you relieve yourself. :nixweiss: I just thought the Gator looked pretty cool and would work well with my bow too.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Rules here are pretty close to the same. In MN it has to be in a closed case and unloaded in a vehicle, including an ATV. So quick access doesn't do a lot of good. And I've hunted WI too where you cant even lean an unloaded gun out of the case against the side of a vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts